Children's issues

Child abduction

The abduction of a child is a devastating experience for any parent. Further information on recourse is available on

Back to top

Children with dual nationality

If your child has dual nationality, and if there are any parental custody issues, it’s important to get advice before you consent to a passport being issued for them or agree to them travelling to another country (even if you’re travelling with them).

Be particularly careful if your child’s proposed destination is a country that:

Back to top


Laws regarding surrogacy and standards of healthcare vary from country-to-country.

Be sure to check our country-specific travel advice pages for further information, and always consult with the relevant professionals before you enter into a surrogacy arrangement.

Back to top

This is a prototype - your feedback will help us to improve it. Leave feedback.